Author: Abby Messenger
Posted: October 29, 2015
Ready to start your application to the Portland State MBA? You can begin today! With a new application and admissions process launched this month for the 2016 admissions cycle, let us catch you up on what’s new and why it’s beneficial to plan for our upcoming November 15th Early Admission deadline.
The 2016 Application is Now Open
From our 2015 to 2016 admissions cycle, we have centralized our admissions process so that applicants now enjoy the following updates:
- One online university application instead of two individual applications for the department and the university.
- Ability to check the status of individual application materials as well as admissions status as the application is processed and reviewed.
- Application support from our departmental Admissions Specialist as well as the Office of Graduate Admissions team.
Applicants will still have the ability to upload all of their application materials electronically to the application, saving time and resources to complete the admissions process.
Why Apply by the Early Admissions Deadline?
As our first application deadline, there are important benefits for those applicants that prioritize submitting all materials by the November 15th Early Admissions deadline:
- Applicants will receive a final admissions decision or invitation for an interview by January 1st*, ensuring the following:
- The applicants are reviewed when the most seats are available in our Fall 2016 cohorts.
- For applicants that are denied early in the admissions cycle, the January 1st decision date provides more time to potentially improve upon the areas suggested by the admissions committee and re-apply for 2016 instead of having to wait another year to apply.
- For part-time MBA applicants, the early admission decision can afford more time to acquire documents or support to request tuition assistance from their employer if it is not already provided.
- For full-time MBA applicants, all of the Graduate Assistantship positions are available to award at the beginning of our admissions cycle – while some are awarded to highly competitive applicants after the February 1st and May 1st deadlines, there are historically more positions awarded earlier in the year.
* Please note: due to a supplemental evaluation process, international applicants may receive the admissions decision or invitation for an interview after January 1st.
If you want to capitalize on the benefits of the November 15th Early Admissions deadline, you can start an application today and review our 2016 application checklist, timeline, and a link to the online application here.
As the Recruiting Specialist for the MBA, I am available as a resource throughout the process, including in-person, phone or Skype advising appointments, and can be reached at email@example.com or 503-725-2291. If you have any questions once you have started your application, you can reach out to our Admissions Specialist, Laura Allen, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-725-8190.
Upcoming MBA Information Session: November 10th
Not ready to apply, but want to keep learning more? Join us for our upcoming MBA & Business Analytics Information Session on Tuesday, November 10th, at 6pm – 7pm on PSU’s campus. You can RSVP for the event or explore some of our other upcoming informational events here.
We look forward to welcoming you to our informational events this fall or receiving your application by our upcoming Early Admissions deadline on November 15th!
Abby Messenger is a Recruiting Specialist at Portland State University. You can connect with Abby via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at 503-725-2291.