THE FINANCING OPTIONS
What are the different ways to finance the Portland State MBA?
- School of Business Graduate Assistantship Positions
- General University Graduate Assistantship Positions
- PSU General Scholarships
- School of Business Scholarships
- International Student Scholarships
Employer Tuition Assistance: many part-time MBA students are able to utilize their employer tuition assistance program to pay for a certain number of credits or up to a certain amount per year of the program.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
What applications do I need to complete and materials do I need to gather to be considered for scholarships?
- Professional Resume
- Unofficial Transcripts/Marksheets from Each College or University Attended (Official Transcripts will be required to be submitted if admitted)
- Contact Information for Two Professional References
- Official Score Reports for either
- GMAT or GRE GMAT/GRE Waiver Policy
- Optional Essay
- $67 Application Fee
- Letters of Recommendation: School of Business Administration scholarships do not require letters of recommendation; however, if you are applying for SBA scholarships and other online scholarships, you will need to submit two letters of recommendation.
- 2016-17 FAFSA: all Office of Graduate Studies scholarships except the merit-only PSU Laurels Graduate Tuition Remission Program requires filing the 2016-17 FAFSA and Page 3 of the online application.
School of Business Scholarship Application: applicants will need to complete Page 8 of the PSU General Scholarship Application.
A full overview of the MBA application process, including additional requirements for international students, can be reviewed on our How to Apply to the MBA webpage.
THE AWARD TIMELINE
When do I need to have the process complete by? And, when will I find out about my award?
February 1: The second round deadline for our MBA application process and separate scholarship application(s).
March 15: Scholarship Deadline applicants will receive a final admissions decision or invitation for an interview with one of our committee members.
April – May: School of Business Scholarship applicants will be notified about which scholarships they have been awarded.
February – July: PSU General Scholarship applicants will be notified about which scholarships they have been awarded.
THE STUDENT FEEDBACK
What are our current students saying about the impact of their financial award?
“Being awarded a GA position was an important part of my choice to attend Portland State. The financial leeway and peace of mind provided by the stipend and tuition remission have allowed me to focus more fully on school and internship opportunities, and will give more freedom in weighing career options after graduation.”
– Max Bielenberg, MBA Class of 2015
“I have been very grateful to the School of Business and the university for this great support which is rare among business schools… In the past 16 months, I have had diverse experiences and skills working as GA which will certainly be helpful for me in my future career.”
– Bishwa Angdembe, MBA Class of 2015
“My GA position has been very helpful. Not only has the stipend and tuition reduction eased the financial burden of graduate school… My specific faculty supervisor has offered interesting projects that have augmented my learning in courses like accounting and finance. Additionally, a few more technical projects have helped me become more confident that the skills I learned as an engineer will transfer well into a business environment.”
– Cal Gosla, MBA Class of 2015
THE NEXT STEPS
Whether you are planning to apply for our scholarships or are preparing to submit your application prior to or by our May 1st Priority Admissions Deadline, you can review our application process and requirements on our How to Apply to the MBA webpage.
As the Recruiting Manager for the MBA program, I am available as a resource for all applicants. If you have questions about the differences between the GMAT or GRE, technical questions about our application or want to know more about what makes the Portland State MBA unique, please reach out to me directly firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-725-2291.
Abby Messenger is a Recruiting Specialist at Portland State University. You can connect with Abby via e-mail at email@example.com or via phone at 503-725-2291.